The servicing of a MICE client is sometimes considered the same as that of an overnight guest or tourist. Yet failure to recognise the difference between a guest and a MICE client can affect the venue’s bottom-line.
The challenge is unlike an overnight guest or tourist with a frame of mind that concentrates on the basics of accommodation, food and beverage etc. – the MICE client differs from client to client.
No two MICE clients are the same.
This workshop will highlight the different types of MICE clients and the manner in which the venue should undertake the many service requirements – confidently and satisfactorily.
‘A venue’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage’ Quotation sourced & adapted: Jack Welch CEO General Electric
…Prior to the Booking Date/s
*Knowing the Different Types of MICE Clients
*The Art of Simple Communications (Short & to the Point)
*Importance of Relationships (Conversations can be Revealing)
*Getting to Know the Client (Focus)
*Limiting Booking Changes
….On the Booking Date/s
*The Art of Patience & Diplomacy
*Keeping a Watching Brief
…..Following the Booking Date/s
*Follow-through & Final Closure
To indicate the specifics of the different types of MICE clients
To provide many tips on servicing the MICE Client
To ensure participants obtain at least 3 implementable service criteria
This workshop has been designed for those at the ‘coal-face’ of liaising with MICE clients on a regular basis.
The programme will also be of benefit to sales management & personnel seeking
a variety of different perspectives regarding the MICE industry and the individuals who book venues.
The investment is R1700.00 per participant.
- Personal ring-binder with explanations & templates (as per programme subjects) This is the participant’s personal file which can be added-to following the workshop. These updates will also be forthcoming from The MICE Academy – as per subject item – and emailed to participants on an ongoing basis
- Light Breakfast on arrival
- Buffet Luncheon
- Refreshment Breaks – mid-morning & afternoon
- CPD Test
- Certification on 80% plus pass
- Listing to potential clients for certificated participants
- Easy access to the Gautrain station
- 15% VAT
- Transport to-&-from the host venue – HB Connect
- Accommodation (Signature Hotel in West Street Sandton is recommended)
- Any other items not shown in the inclusions
Thursday 21st May 2020
9.00am (09h00) to 3.30pm (15h30) – 5 hours of presentations, explanations & templates
Host venue: HB Connect – The premier dedicated multi-purpose venue in the heart of Sandton .
The workshop’s facility at HB Connect allows individual seating with space between participants for notes and laptops.
HB Connect is also renowned for excellent cuisine under the watchful eye of the management owner: Executive Chef Nigel Sand & his Team
- Helen Brewer – Programme Facilitator with 4 decades of experience within all aspects of the MICE industry
- On receipt of the completed registration form – acknowledgement details will be forwarded.
- Confirmation is via payment only.
- Registrations close 2 working days prior to the commencement of the workshop;
- Cancellation of a Confirmed Participant before preparations commence ie 10 consecutive days prior to the commencement day (emailed notification)…
- …a 50% discount is applicable;
- …3 working days prior to the commencement date may register on a future workshop;
- …An alternative participant is always welcome. A completed registration form is required stating the participant being replaced;
- …Confirmed participants will receive full details of workshop programme timing, location map and directions 2 working days prior to the commencement of the workshop;
- Participation numbers are limited hence early registration and confirmation is necessary.
This highly valuable workshop is available in-house. Contact email@example.com for all the details to be sent to you.