A Tourism Specialist: is identified by the clever answers the specialist provides yet is regarded as wise by the questions the specialist asks. Whereas:
A Hospitality Professional is required to be a psychologist, marriage counsellor, babysitter and at times personal shopper.

The Town & Country Programme is an excellent opportunity for both tourism & hospitality professionals to respectively co-ordinate and undertake the MICE aspect within the many country towns via well-structured packages. Through an effective ‘audit’ of the various MICE requirements a group needs – the specialist can extend their knowledge base considerably. The MICE Academy updates all individual’s knowledge base and rewards accordingly together with recognition via the (PPS) Professional Planner Standards.